When we got home I made this really easy recipe with cornstarch, baking powder, salt and water. The kids had a great time using the clay to mold their designs. Now they need to dry for a few days and then we will use water colors to paint the designs. Cooper made a cool snake. Both of the girls made little pots. I think they will give these to great-grandma.
For the Clay You Will Need:
2 cups cornstarch
1 cup salt
2 cups baking powder
2 cups water
For sculpting and color:
watercolors
toothpicks
To make:
1. Add dry ingredients to the water and cook on medium to high heat, stirring constantly
2. The mixture will start getting clumpy, turn the down heat; when about 80% of the mixture is dough-like take off the heat and continue to stir until the leftover liquid joins the dough.
3. Let cool for a few minutes then start molding and sculpting.
The girls are already wanting me to make more this summer. I will post the final pictures after watercolors when we finish. :)
1 comment:
Cool idea! I wonder if the cornstarch made it feel smooth on their hands. It made me want to stay in town and play, but instead we are packing for our trip this week. I think I like this better than facebook! Ann
Post a Comment