Confetti Crayons!!!!!
First the girls started taking the paper off the crayons. Then Avery wanted to cut the larger crayons into smaller pieces before putting them in the tin. (Cooper wasn't into this project)
I preheated the oven to 300 and then put the crayons in for just a few minutes. I basically stood by the oven to watch. I also put muffin liners under the crayons. I didn't want a big mess to clean up. Besides the smell of crayons on cooking in the house it was a breeze.
This was the finished result. The girls colored with them this morning right after breakfast. We talked about getting a heart shape muffin tin and then melting some more for a different shape. This was a really easy project and now we don't have anymore half used crayons around the house. We still plan on making homemade play dough but I need get a fee ingredients from the store. (sorry about the bad pictures my camera of 6 years is almost finished)
7 comments:
That's a good idea, we'll have to try that!
OMG Tamara! Somehow I forgot to check your blogs out! After the first one that is. I put it on my bookmarks but it only showed up as "5" and I forgot all about it. So today I am supposed to be packing us for our trip home tomorrow and here I sit reading ALL of the blogs you have done.
They are fantastic! Seriously, you have done a great job. I love the pictures and the different things that you and the kids are doing. Makes me feel guilty for not doing more things like that with my kids. I have to admit being SHOCKED that your mom allowed a picture of her in it!
Keep up the great work. You will have this as a memoir for the kids when they grow up. Mike and Cooper putting that set together was great. He is such a good guy about things with the kids. And Cooper calling out from the bedroom was priceless! Your kids are awesome.
Thanks Kathie- We've had a great summer doing different projects. I have fun getting on the blog and adding different things we are doing. I hope to keept it up during the school year but I don't know how successful I will be. I hope you have a great time with your family.
Tamara
Great idea. As a teacher, I will defintely try this out with all of those old crayons.
What a FUN idea! I need to do this with my kids, they would love it!
I used to LOVE doing this with my cousins. It is such a fun project!!! I hope your girls enjoyed it!!!!
**stopped over from Jenna's
What a great idea! Will have to try this out before the kids head back to school :)
Post a Comment